Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tech Support

So...have you ever called a tech support number for anything? Computers, printers, etc.? Well, last night I had to call a tech support for my new external hard drive that Alan gave me for Christmas. It has been working fine until my last trip home. Ever since I've been back I can't get my computer to recognize it. I was having a little difficulty with it at home while I was there, but eventually the computer would recognize and I could do what I needed. Now, nothing!!! I looked up the number online for the WD Tech Support. There were many different numbers to call depending on where you are. Because we have our US telephone still, I called the US number thinking I would be talking to someone maybe on the East Coast or something. NOPE! The instant the man answered, I knew he was just down the street. His accent was a dead giveaway, and then when I had to spell my name and he repeated it back to me saying K for Kilo E for Elephant, R for... and I for India, I was sure. He asked me my problems, and I have to say that after living here for 9 months it is not nearly as difficult to understand what they are saying on the phone.
After the call was almost finished and we concluded that I needed to have a replacement hard drive sent to me, I asked where I had to mail it to, and if there was anyway they could ship it to India. He asked where I was and I told him Bangalore. I'm sure he was shocked. He told me to call the Indian Tech Support and they could give me an address here that I can take the hard drive to be replaced. So...I guess there might be some advantage to tech support if you live here. I don't need to mail in my hard drive after all, I just have to take it to the address down the street and they will give me a new one.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hilarious. I still can't understand them.

Martha said...

I'll have to have you call tech support for me when you get back.