Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My trip home

Yeah, I know I'm a little slow in blogging this, but I have to put the pictures on here so I can remember my trip home!
I was able to come home and see Jake and go to his homecoming. It was so FUN!!!
It was a long flight home, but totally worth it. I only wish that Alan and the rest of the kids could have come with us.
Amy picked me up from the airport and took us out to her house to make some posters and banners for the airport.
They were suppose to fly in on Saturday but they missed their flight out of Buenos Aires and had to take another flight on Sunday instead.
Waiting to meet Uncle Jake

Jake learned quickly how to win over the babies with M & M's

2 Weeks flew past and before we knew it we were on our way back to India. We flew from New York to Paris and while we waited for our flight Annie found the only Indian on our flight. She went up to him and started handing him all of her toys for on the plane. He was very nice and once we got to Paris our flight was late and we were going to have to run to catch our next plane. He waited for me as the plane unloaded and found out that we were again on the same plane to Bangalore. He carried my carry-on bag across the Paris airport so that I wouldn't miss the plane.

This is how Vijay met me at the airport. When I took the picture I said "I think it is too dark" to which Vijay replied, "Mamme, I am always dark." :)
When we finally got to our house it was around 3:30 in the morning. Vijay asked me in the car if I was sad that I had missed Holi. I said I wished I could have been here and that it had sounded like it was fun. As we walked in the door he had placed some balloons above the door filled with colored powder. He said that he wanted to play Holi so that I could have fun.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I am glad you are back. And as to missing Holi. Don't get me started. That was something I too was looking really forward too (I think some of it may have stemmed from watching Outsourced:)). I was excited that we would be here for it. Well, I missed it. So mad. on March 1st, when I was looking up on the internet when it was, Grant kindly told me it was that day and people had celebrated the day before. What?!!? I was so upset, why didn't we just go on a nice Sunday walk or something, we may have realized. I think that will be one of my biggest regrets from here. So be glad you will have it next year.
Oh, and Vijay just cracks me up.