Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Srinadi

Our drivers daughter, Srinadi, turned one February 18th. Our family was invited to go to the party. Vijay had invited me a month or so ago, and had told me he was so nervous. I asked why and he said "I don't have a big home mamme" I told him that doesn't matter. It was really fun to go and see their family and cultural traditions.
Here, as I have said in the past, the 1st birthday is a REALLY big deal. We weren't able to come until later because Alan was at work and as we got there we realized that they didn't start the party until we got there. I felt bad because they had actually put Srinadi to bed because she was tired, and woke her up when we arrived.

All the kids and Alan got party hats.
Vijay's family with ours. His wife, Laxsmi, and daughters Sraviah and Srinadi.
Vijay was the only one who could speak English at the party. It was fun to try and communicate with the kids. They could understand a little, but not talk. Another funny thing was that when they sang Happy Birthday it was all in English, then they handed the baby a HUGE knife to cut her cake. Here the birthday person has to cut their cake and then eat the first piece.



No comments: