Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ganesha Festival Videos

So we finally got our unlimited Internet so I can upload video. This video is of the day people were taking their Ganesha statues to the lake to put them in. I was standing at the bus stop inside Adarsh Vista waiting for my kids to come home from school. The people danced like this all the way to the lake. Now that I watch this video I have to laugh because I recognize some of the people dancing. The man in the red shirt and tan pants with the bandanna on his head is our Adarsh Vista 24 hour electrician.
Once we got back to our house Vijay, our driver, asked if we'd like to go see the lake where they put Ganesha. We drove and picked Alan up at work and went to Ulsoor Lake.
This is video of the road going to Alan's office. We are turning onto Old Madras Road and then we turn into the RMZ office.

This is at Ulsoor Lake. Vijay told us that usually you put your own Ganesha Statue into the lake, but last year a small boy drown in the lake so they had a lot of security there to put them in the lake for you this year.

4 comments:

. said...

Correct me if my memory is wrong, but they do just leave the various Ganesha idols in the lake to "disintegrate" over the years, correct?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are in a different world!

The Ericksons said...

That's right. The statues are made of clay and they dissolve in the water over time

holland95 said...

I saw Alan today and then had to talk to Dell so I was really craving Indian food and found a restaurant here that I went to called Ganesha...funny.