Thursday, September 17, 2009

HE'S BACK!!!

YEAH!!! Alan made it back. I should have taken a picture of our kitchen when we unpacked his boxes. I made Alan take all of his clothes in a carry on suitcase so he could bring things back of us. I had a whole list. On the way to the airport in Salt Lake I talked to Alan and he told me I put WAY too many things on my list and that he had to cut some of it out. He said, "Do you know how much weight I get to bring back?" I told him yes, I knew it was 100 lbs. Then he told me that my whole list weighed in at 210 lbs. I asked him what he had to cut out of my list and he wouldn't tell me. I told him he had to tell me so I could prepare myself for disappointment. :) He wouldn't give in, he told me that if I don't notice it's not there, I won't miss it. OK OK I agreed. After his plane took off I called my mom and begged her to tell me what Alan had left behind. She told me she was sworn to secrecy, but not to worry, I got everything I really needed. OK well, I didn't really NEED any of it, I just WANT all of it. :) Long story short....I fell asleep at 1:00 a.m. waiting for him, his flight was late, and he got here at about 2:30 a.m. He woke me up and told me to help him unload the frozen meat. (Yes, if you freeze meat and pack it in a Styrofoam cooler, and check it as a piece of your luggage, it gets here, STILL FROZEN) I walked downstairs into the kitchen and saw not 2, but 3 HUGE BOXES! I asked him if he paid to get a 3rd piece of luggage, and he told me no. Unknown to me, Business class gets to take 3 pieces of luggage at 70 lbs a piece, not the 2 pieces of luggage at 50 lbs. HOORAY!!! I get everything I WANTED!!! Thanks Mom and Dad for helping shop for me.
I just have to say we had the best hamburgers for dinner last night and I had the BEST turkey sandwich for lunch today!! My kids can't wait to get Chili Cheese Dogs. How funny is that!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I am glad he got to surprise you, he was so excited...I had to take the oath not to tell you either!!!

Heather said...

That is so very sweet, what a great Husband and family you have!