Friday, September 11, 2009

Parents Day at Indus

OK, so I lied. I found my old camera so here are some pictures of my day with my kids at school.
Parents Day is pretty much a carnival for the grades K-4. The Kindergarten had a pre-carnival activity that I got to go to. I had a lot of fun with Ethan drawing a picture to be judged about a book, and we made a picture frame together. He is a fun little boy, and when he is excited about something it makes it even more fun to help him accomplish it. I was a little late getting there (I still underestimate how long it takes to get anywhere here) but when I got there he went to each of the kids and said "Hey, this is my mom!" I loved that he was excited to have me there. Unfortunately because I was the last one there we got the last pick of colors for our poster board and frame. Luckily, "Pink is the new boy color" and I brought extra green paper for his frame.

After the Kindergarten Activity we went to lunch in the Cafeteria, and then to the carnival.
Maddie and Ethan both did the pin the mustache on the man. Ethan admitted after he ate his treat that he had cheated.
Ethan saw kids who had their faces painted and really wanted his done. This is the before.
and after. I don't really know what his obsession with owls is, but that is the only thing he wanted. He was pretty proud that when he closed his eyes it looked like they were still open.

Ellie and Maddie worked really hard at making bookmarks.
Showing off their creations
Ellie took off with her friends so Maddie and Ethan and I all had Potato Sack races. Ethan was proud that he beat me in his "Tomato bag" race.
No carnival is complete without getting your hair colored.
All in all it was a pretty fun day at Indus. Now, I hope Alan gets jealous of the fun we are having here without him.

2 comments:

Nelson's said...

Looks like you guys are having a good time. That school looks fun and well put together.

DougandSheilah said...

How fun