Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Saturday

These first few pictures are for Grandmas. I was on Skype with my mom this morning and every time we've skyped lately Annie's been asleep. Well, she couldn't believe how long Annie's hair has gotten, but I hadn't combed it and it was CRAZY! I told her I'd put some cute pictures of it from the other day on here.


It's SO CURLY!!! It reminds me a lot of Ellie's hair when she was this age, except Ellie was a Blondy and Annie has brown hair.

So, our Saturday here without Alan I decided that we needed to go do something fun. I had been recommended a place that our kids might like that was called the "Monkey Maze". It's pretty much a glorified McDonald's Playland. All padded with the ball pits. Annie loved the ball pits and carried a ball though out the whole time there. They also have a craft/painting area in the downstairs. (Right up Ellie's alley) The kids had a great time and think we need to come back here for Annie's Birthday! The next pictures are from the "Monkey Maze"


Whoa! Talking about CRAZY HAIR!! After climbing through the whole Jungle Gym, Maddie looked like a maniac.





On our way home Ethan spotted one of the many vendors that sells Coconuts. Vijay our driver heard him say he wanted to taste one, so he quickly pulled over and ran and bought him one. He made sure that we all stayed in the car, because he didn't want the vendor to charge him more than needed. 12 Rupees for a coconut drink. They have these SHARP knives that are kind of hooked and they quickly slice the top off and trim it down so they can put the straw in. Hopefully we don't all get sick from sucking on a straw that the guy touched. I tried to inconspicuously wipe it down with a Purell wet wipe, but I'm not sure it did any good. I guess only time will tell.
I think Ethan was in shock that Vijay actually got him one. We've been teasing him telling him we were going to get him one ever since we got here.
Once we got home everyone wanted to take a sip, but when it came right down to it, no one would.
Finally I took a sip and faked a smile to tell them it was good, (not really it was horrible) Ellie and Ethan braved a sip, but when they pulled faces, Maddie wouldn't even look at it.

We had a really fun day, but it will be very nice to have Alan back! He is getting on his plane tonight our time (in the morning there). Only 2 more days 'til we see him again. Annie saw him on Skype and started giggling and he put his hands out for her and she tried to leap through the computer screen to get him. She will be especially happy to get him back!

5 comments:

Rideout Bunch said...

We got to see Alan and it made me realize how much we miss you guys!!!. I can not believe how much Annie has changed already. She will be the one that changes the most out of the time you are gone I think. You guys look like you are always having way too much fun. I kinda updated my blog and sent you an invite so let me know if you didn't get it> Talk to you soon. Reagan

DougandSheilah said...

Annie is a cutie. Alexis is our only child that got my curls and I have been waiting forever to style it. Just this past sunday I was able to put it in two little pony tails like you did Annie's. Doug teases that we had to pull her hair for 3 weeks to get it long enough.

. said...

Unrelated to current topic, but over the weekend I was talking to a friend about some sporting event...I was told to say "UTES trap and eat Cougars". Not exactly sure what that means, but I was told the Ericksons would enjoy that.

The Ericksons said...

REALLY FUNNY PHILLIP!!

Anonymous said...

My kids LOVED seeing pictures of your kids. I can't believe how big Annie is!