Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tracy and Katie

I'll try and condense 2 weeks into 1 blog, but it's going to be a long post.

Katie and Tracy came to India to visit us at the end of May. It was so fun to have someone come so we could show them what we do, and how crazy this place is. We had many adventures and took many many pictures. I've put some of the pictures into collages so that I can post more of them on here.
When they arrived ViJay and Baby were so excited to meet them. Alan had been telling Vijay how mean his sisters are, he told them that they might hit him if he's not careful. He asked me one day if they really were mean. I told him he'd have to be the judge. When it came time to pick them up at the airport he had it all planned out. This is what he wore to the airport.


We went non-stop, shopping around Bangalore and visiting many temples.
We also went on a train to Hampi. It was a fun experience that was new to us too.


Hampi is an old ruins city from the 14th century that was burned down by the Muslims. It reminded me of the part on Jungle Book when the monkeys take Mogli to the monkey village.


We also went to Mysore and saw the palace. On our way there Alan spotted some men walking camels on the side of the road, and one thing led to another and...
Once we got to the Mysore Palace, Katie and Tracy again braved the camel and the elephants.
Another very fun thing we did was take dolls to the orphanages. Katie and Tracy had their primay and Activities Day girls make yarn dolls to give to the children. It was so fun to see their eyes light up when we gave them the toys and a treat.
On the 2nd weekend they were here we went to Kabini and went on a Jungle Safari. It was really fun to see all of the animals in the wild. We weren't able to see too many because it started to rain, and got a little cold, but it was still fun. Next time I'm going to get a picture of the elephant crossing sign.
After a fun 2 weeks, the kids and I jumped on a plane to Salt Lake for the summer. I dreaded traveling the whole way by myself with 4 kids, but they were excellent and I can't complain one bit!

No comments: