Sunday, August 29, 2010

My 3 goals this year

Yes, I have 3 distinct goals this last year while we are here and I have time on my hands. One is to catch up on my kids scrapbooks, one is to get all of our home videos on to DVDs, and one is to work on my family history.
I have been working on the scrapbooks, and it has been fun to go back and look at all the pictures that we have taken, not only here, but for the past 10 years.
Last night I decided to pull out some of the home videos and try and figure out how to get them on to DVDs. Well, 5 hours later and 3 video tapes later, I think this is going to be a long process. My kids loved watching the videos from when they were little. Of course we never labeled any of the tapes, so we would just pop one in and see what was on it. I put one in and started playing it, Alan walked in the room and had to do a double take. He said is that Ellie? At first glance he thought it was Annie, but said he knew she never lived in our little apartment. I was amazed to see how much they actually look alike. Then we saw Maddie at about the same age Annie is now. I was shocked at how much she talked. She was reciting the Pledge of Allegence?!?! Why do our memories have to fade? I am glad that we recorded them as much as we did, and it made me want to pull out the camera more!

2 comments:

Tracy Cornia said...

Oh my goodness Kerri, I just read your blog from when Katie and I were there and it was so much fun reliving those 3 weeks. I wish that I could come back again before you come home. I need to get your pictures too. You posted a lot that I forgot about. Your Paris blog was neat too. That is awesome that you guys did that. What great experiences you guys are having. Keep the blogs coming!!! I love reading about your experiences and now I can relate to some of them. MISS YA!!!

Tracy Cornia said...

I tried to comment on your post and something is so messed up with my blog. I finally got in to blog on mine but I can't get pictures to download. It says that I need a google account. Did something change?? If you know would you let me know because I would like to update my blog and can't. Thanks!!!