Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our 1st day back in India

So after being in Paris for 23 hours, and on 18 hours worth of plane rides, we finally reached Bangalore. We got to the baggage claim and about 1/2 way through all of the luggage coming off I had a bad feeling. Not 1 of our luggage pieces (16 checked bags) had come off the plane yet. After about 45 minutes of watching luggage go around on the belt we confirmed the suspicion. Not 1 of our suitcases or boxes made it here. I just hope it gets here soon because we had 3 boxes of food that will go bad if not.

We finally reached our house at about 4:oo a.m. and got the kids off to bed. At about 6:30 a.m. I could hear them playing in, what I thought was our downstairs, but was actually the front yard. When I got up and got dressed to tell them to be quiet, Ethan had already knocked on our neighbors door to see if their son Kavel could play. I told them they could not be noisy and had to come inside until everyone woke up. By 8:30 they were back outside rollerblading, and Ethan was showing off his stuff when he hit the curb.
You can image the blood curdling screams that came from him, and I'm sure our neighborhood is glad to have us back!!

No comments: