Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sister Wixom comes to India



Sister Wixom is the General Primary President in our church. She traveled here to India for a conference that was broadcast thoughout the Bangalore and Delhi Missions. Our primary children sang "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" during the program. I was told about 2 weeks ago that because I am the Primary Chorister that I would need to accompany the kids. (Apparently a chorister is supposed to be able to play the piano?) Needless to say I was definately worried about it. I started out being able to plunk my way though the song while the kids practiced in church on Sunday, and by the next Sunday I was able to play it without too many mistakes. I worked really hard to get it down, but I was still more nervous than not. Especially when the Primary President mentioned that it was going to be broadcast into Pakistan and Nepal as well as India. When we arrived at the church on Wednesday night, yes I was about 15 minutes late due to traffic, but still 45 minutes before the broadcast stared, they had asked one of the missionaries to play. I have to admit I was a little sad that all my hard work, and worry were for nothing, but I will also admit I was more relieved than disappointed.
After the meeting all of the children got to go and shake her hand and get pictures taken with her. I introduced myself, and told her that I had heard my cousin Tiffany was friends with her daughter. She said, "Oh I love the Varner family, and then you must also be cousins with Emily that plays tennis. What a wonderful family you have."
It's amazing to me how small the world is when you are in the church.

No comments: