Friday, April 2, 2010

Saying Good-bye


Our branch had a party for the senior missionary couple that is headed home. The Fairbanks have been well loved by the branch, and by us.
Elder Fairbanks has been Alan's golfing partner on Saturday mornings, and they were also our Home Teachers. They are from Alaska, and Alan, Elder Fairbanks, and David Welch have already planned a fishing trip when we get back.
The party was really fun. They had it catered, with food that I would say was spicy, but our driver told me later that it wasn't very good, "not enough spice".
It was put on by another "expat" lady, Vicky, who is living in the branch. I mentioned to her one day that Elder Fairbanks loves homemade rootbeer. She asked how to make it and I told her that I had all of the stuff except a big water cooler to make it in.
She asked us to bring some. I didn't think the Indian people would like it very much because it is something that they don't have here. Alan has told me that the Bolivian people didn't like it much and Jennie Sleight, who served a mission in Chile, told me that the people there thought it tasted like cough syrup. We brought one bottle of syrup and 20 liters of water to make it with. WE SHOULD HAVE DOUBLED IT!! The people loved it. Especially the kids! I will make sure and bring more back in my suitcase when we visit home for summer.
This is a farewell song that was sung by someone in one of the other branches. It is in the Telugu language.
The Primary sang "I hope they call me on a Mission" and "Called to Serve"
This is a picture of Ethan's Primary teacher. He loves her. He keeps asking her if she can come and play at our house and have a sleepover. That night after we got home I was tucking him in bed and he told me that "Sister Pradika can sleep on the top bunk." I had to break the news to him that she is married and he looked at me and said "TO WHO?!?!"
After the party we realized that by June most of our friends will be leaving India. We are going to miss them a lot!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Ah, it's not the same post as mine. Very different. I like your pictures. The colors are bold. I love the one of the fam with them.

Clem&Anne said...

Norm & Mary grew up in my home ward.
Mary and I went to nursing school together and took our nursing boards on the same day. It won't surprise you to learn that both of them have always been incredibly good people. Anne Jackson