Saturday, July 25, 2009

We're back online!!!

YEAH!!! We have Internet!!!

We finally got our Internet up and running. I was going through withdrawals not being able to talk to our families in the US.
We are now living in our house in Adarsh Vista. Our area is called Basavanagar, Bangalore, India, which interpreted, Basava means "cow" and nagar means "village", so we live in cow village. I took a few pictures of our house. It is a 3 bedroom home with a study that we converted into a 4th bedroom for Annie. It is really nice, but hopefully it will quit echoing once our furniture arrives.  I will take a video of it and post it later.
The people in the neighborhood are very welcoming and the kids have quickly made friends. Our kids are again the only white kids here. A lot of the families are American, but most of them are Indians that are Americans that have come back here for work, or they have one parent that is Indian.  Our kids now spend their days riding bikes up and down the streets of our neighborhood, another nice thing about our area is that we have been able to replace Erica's service of warning our kids when there are cars with some security guards. They are on every corner and they have loud whistles to stop the cars when there are bikes or pedestrians. They also like to go swimming at the clubhouse pool. They have a rule there that you have to have swim caps. I haven't taken any pictures of the kids in their swim caps, but I'll do that next week.

Our move was on Saturday the 18th. We packed up our hotel and headed for our house, but had to make a couple trips to get our luggage all there. We were met at the house by the moving company. The started unloading our Air Shipment and moving boxes into rooms. Once we had the boxes in the right bedrooms, they started unpacking them. I had 6 men trying to unpack all of our clothes and extra food that I had stocked up on all at once. We were also met here by Baby our maid. She is very nice and patient with our kids. Our kids have figured out that she won't say no to them. If they ask her for something she does it or gets it for them. We had to sit them down and tell them that when Mom says No, they can't go to Baby to get it. (example chocolate, cheese ball puffs, fruit roll ups, etc.) The other day, Ethan had an accident and I got mad at him. I sent him to his room to change. He was crying that he wanted help getting dressed. I told him he was a big boy and could do it. After about 5 minutes I went to go check on him, and Baby was in his room helping him get his shirt on. She heard him ask for help and was right there. We are definitely spoiled!!
Well, I'm trying to post the pictures on here of our house, but I don't know where the cable went to the camera. I'll post them as soon as I can get them on my computer. We miss you all and love to hear what's going on there.

2 comments:

Erica Flitton said...

I'm sad to see that my services have been replaced by guards?! Now a whistle...hmmm... now that's an idea! I'm sure the guards aren't as cute :), don't skooter around with them, or hand out popsicles upon request! Miss you all!!

The Ericksons said...

your right erica the guards aren't nearly as cute, but one did have a race with Ethan down the street. And no, they don't hand out popsicles, but my kids are a little more nervous of the whistle. I think it might be more effective than you or me staying stop. We miss you guys and hope the Lunts are as Great as we were. ha ha ha