Monday, June 29, 2009

WE'RE HERE...now what?

So yesterday was our real first day here where we had the chance to be awake all day. Our time schedule has really been messed up. Anyway, today we ventured out. We went to breakfast at the hotel, and Maddie had a waffle and it tasted like a real waffle! HURRAY!! Ellie tried a Dosa. It looks like a  crepe, but without any filling, and tastes more like rice. Then we had a call saying our car was waiting for us. Alan went out to tell him that we would be probably another hour before we were ready to leave, and when he talked to him he saw the car that we were supposed to go in. The brand is a TaTa and it has 4 seats. It kind of looks like Jake's Civic. He mentioned to the driver that there are 4 children and 2 adults that were going and he said I know. Needless to say Alan got on the phone and we ended up with a Toyota Innova. (India's type of Minivan.)  We took some laundry out to get washed. It will be ready on Thursday, Alan will have to be back to work by then so I guess it's up to me to figure out how to pick it up. I'm not sure I'll have a driver.
After we got our laundry taken care of, we went to the Oasis which is a sort of mall. On the first floor there are perfumes and womens clothing, on the 2nd floor is the childrens clothing and shoes, I can't remember what is on the 3rd floor, but the 4th floor is a grocery store and on the 5th floor is:
I took these pictures, and after I took them, I got told there are no cameras allowed. So I had to quit.

The kids had a blast. Ellie has decided that she wants to come here for her birthday.
After Fun City we hit the grocery store. That was an adventure in itself. I knew there are many types of rice, but I had no idea how many types of flour there can be. The closest thing I could find that looked like normal flour was corn flour or rice flour.  I did see a lot of wheat, that could be ground up, but I don't have a grinder. Maybe I'll be able to find one, or maybe I can find 2 rocks :)
By the time we got done shopping we had a cart full. We couldn't remember what level our driver was on and we couldn't take the shopping cart on the elevator to find him. Finally we figured it must be level 1 that the driver was on so we got on the elevator and the grocery worker took our cart and walked down the levels to level one with our groceries.
We got back to our hotel at about 3:00 and the kids were starting it hit a wall. We really wanted to keep them awake so Alan took them down to the pool while I unpacked our food. They swam until 5:00 and then I made us some dinner and we tried to keep their eyes open until at least 7:00. At 7 they were out and by 3:00 this morning they were running around. Maybe we can make it until 8 tonight. :) 

No comments: