Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shipping day

After packing up all day on Tuesday, they came back on Wednesday to put it all into trucks to send off.
 This is our Sea Container. We were alotted a 40' container, but we only have enough "stuff" in our house to fill a 20' one.
 They packed it all out into our garage so that they could inventory it all and so that they could weigh our air shipment. We only had so many pounds that we could take air. They would carry out a box and put it on a scale.  After we had all that we could not live without for a month or so, we started putting in bikes and a few extras. The air shipment will hopefully be waiting for us when we get there. They say the sea shipment could take until mid-August.
This is Ellie's electric scooter and Alan's golf club carrier. This is what I image Alan's idea of Spray-on wrapping paper looking like.
 This is some of the movers that came to help us. I made them pose for a picture. I'm sure they loved me. ha ha
 Our kids were wonderful during the whole thing. Ellie and Maddie tended for me for 2 whole days. They played with Ethan and Annie the whole time. I was so glad to have them.
 We rewarded them for their hard work by taking them to 7-11 and letting them pick out any treat they wanted.  Thank you guys for being such great kids!!

At the last minute we decided that we wanted to take the hutch out of Alan's office with us.  There is a story behind Alan's office furniture. When we put it in, we had to take out the window in the office and put it in through the window because of a few reasons. It is so dang heavy and because the desk that is with it was too wide to fit down the hall. It took a lot of people to put it in. I think we had Alan, my dad, my brother Jake, my Uncle Ross, cousin Rossy, Uncle Jim  and Cousin James all lifting it and putting it through the window.

 The movers were able to easily take the top of the hutch up, as we did in putting it in, but the bottom is a beast!!
 I had to put this video on for anyone who helped put it in. They will not believe how they got it out.  UP THE STAIRS for one and it took ONE TONGAN TO LIFT AND 3 GUYS TO GUIDE IT.

 
After they were done moving it out to the garage, I told Fred, the Tongan, that I couldn't believe how strong he was. He said "I was really strong when I was 22, but now that I am 63, not that strong." 

No comments: