Monday, May 11, 2009

Pictures at the store

We ventured out the first night we were here. We wanted to show the kids a few things we found here.
We found the Spaghetti sauce that Ellie loves

We also found some drinks.  Alan looks exhausted in this picture. I think he needed to drink that Mountain Dew.


We also found a KFC. Sorry Meiers we ate there. They got Alan's meal and they said it would be 10 more minutes for my chicken strips so we sat down and Alan ate his meal. I told him we could walk back to the hotel and I would eat mine there, but they forgot about me and never brought it. Finally we asked them if it was done and they apoligized and gave me free fries to go with it. Anyway, we started walking back to the hotel and it was late at night. This is the first time we were approached by beggers. We had a mother holding a baby probably Annie's age asking for food. we gave her the free fries that KFC had given us. Then we walked about 20 more yards and a girl I would guess Maddie's age asking for food. I felt so bad for them they were skin and bones. We gave them a few snickers bars that we had boughten at the store. I have heard that a lot of people will carry crackers and things like that with them so that when the children are begging, you have something other than money to give to them.

No comments: