Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Pictures

These are more pictures of us getting to India.
This is our Singapore Airlines plane. When we took off, Alan and I didn't think it would ever make it off the ground. I can only imagine one of the double decker ones trying to take off.

Before we got on the plane in LA Alan and I got dinner. I got a cheese burger, and Alan had a French Dip Sandwich. We stuffed ourselves, and we were ready to get on the plane and fall asleep. The flight didn't leave until 9:00 at night LA time, 10:00 SL time.
As soon as we got on the plane, the first thing the stewardesses did was take our order for dinner. Alan and I were both so full that we told them we were OK and didn't need dinner. They told us that they would save it for us and as soon as we were hungry just to tell them, and they would get us our food. I ordered the Orange Chicken, and Alan had a pepper steak. It came with an appitizer, which Alan got and was the Tuna from the previous post. I didn't get one, but we both did get the dessert. I had Macadamia Ice Cream (picture below), and Alan had Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream. 


They were constantly asking if we needed anything else. I finally leaned over to Alan and asked if it was like Rodizio Grill that you have to push your Do Not Disturb Button on the seat so they quit bringing you food. The flight wasn't very full, and I think they were staffed for a full plane, so we had double the 1st class treatment.

When we landed in Singapore, there was a lightning storm. It was kind of neat to see. It was pitch black outside, and then the whole sky would be lit up.

Alan said I'm not putting enough silly pictures of me on here, and why does he have to be in all of the pictures so...this is a picture of me trying to update our blog in the Singapore Airport.
When we got off the plane in India we got on a bus that took us in the airport. We got into the airport, and because we were from a country that has "Swine Flu" we had to fill out paperwork saying that we weren't sick, and no one in our immediate family was sick. And then they gave us a phone number that they told us we needed to call if we did start feeling sick while we are here.

We were met by a driver at the airport and taken to our hotel. That ride was very interesting. I think I kind of felt like I was in a movie. I still feel that way. It is amazing to see that people really live this way. The way to describe the ride is to say that I felt like I was on one of those simulator rides where the movie is playing in front of you. I also am amazed that more people don't die here due to car accidents. I'm pretty sure for a moment we were traveling the wrong way down a one way road.  Also any stop we made at a light or anything I noticed people staring at us. It made me a little uncomfortable, but I guess I'll get used to it. Maybe once we get out into the housing areas, there will be a little more diversity.

We made it to our hotel "The Gateway" It is very nice. Everyone here knows our names already. We walked into the front door and the lady at the desk asked if we were the Ericksons and she got our room situated and then walked us up to our room. We decided that we needed something to eat so we went to the restaurant in the lobby. As we got off of the elevator we were greeted by the restaurant host. He asked if we wanted something to eat and he sat us down. The waiter suggested a chicken with marsala gravy to go with the Naan bread that I wanted. Alan got a pizza. Both were really good.
This is a picture of our hotel room


This is a picture of the bathroom. Complete with a flushing toilet.
Our driver just came to take us to the schools this morning so I will post pictures of those later, and also some pictures of our adventure last night.

2 comments:

Tracy Cornia said...

I am so excited that you are posting all of this. It is so neat to see. I still can't believe that you are leaving us for 2 years. What a great experience it will be for your family. Keep the posts coming. I love reading them!!! Have a great time while you are there.

Heather said...

I think it is great you are doing this for your kids- then we all get to enjoy it too. Have fun and be safe ;0)