Friday, May 15, 2009

Bangalore Airport

It's now 9:00 ish at night here in Bangalore and we are waiting for our plane which will leave around 11:00.  I can't wait to see my kids!! When we left the hotel this morning I remembered that I needed to get the camera so I went back to our room to get it, while I was getting it, Alan also had forgotten something, so he came back too. I handed him the camera while I got some papers, and we were off. We got to our car, and I started to get the camera out of the bag, but could not find it...long story short...somewhere between our hotel room and the car we lost Ellie's camera...shhh don't tell her, she'll never let us borrow anything again. We didn't have a camera today to take pictures, but we had Alan's cell phone. The pictures aren't quite as good, but I'll tell you what we did. We went and saw some furniture from a lady leaving India this summer to see if we wanted to buy any of her things, then we went to the Lundquist house. We hired her help to be ours when we are here. Johnny is a houseboy who cooks and irons. He will also help with other things around the house. Baby is a lady who will do whatever we want she also cooks and cleans, but will also take care of kids as needed. We still have to find a driver and a car, but as for now...we took pictures of both of them so that the kids could see who would be helping in our house.  They both come with high recommendations. After we left the Lundquist's, we headed to the office to finalize our home and school. We've decided to live in Prestige Ozone (if we can get it to the right price), and the kids will go to Indus School.  After the office we were off to shop for a little while why we waited to go to the airport. Alan had a fun time bartering with the people selling ties on the side of the road, I also shopped for some surprises for the kids when we come home. As we were shopping in the mall, it started to rain. It was so weird because it has been so hot here, and today was no different. It was sunny and bright one minute, and the next it was pouring. They say the months of June, July and August are the rainy season. Or Monsoon season. Hopefully it won't be too miserable the first little while that we are here. I've been trying to download the pictures from Alan's phone, but it's not working right now. I'll have to post the pictures later, maybe in the Singapore Airport.

No comments: