Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another update from India

I've had a few people want to see some more pictures and video from outside our housing complex. So, here are some pictures that don't have much explanation. Some of the pictures are a little blurry.
OK a little explanation. Everyone here hauls everything on motorbikes. The kids were all trying to say who had seen the craziest thing on a bike. Maddie won when she said she saw a goat on a bike. I think I come in second with the man hauling a ladder.




Most people here ride motorbikes. It's not unusual to see a whole family on one. What you can't see in this picture is the baby the woman is holding. I'm going to try and get a picture of 5 or 6 on a bike. I've seen 5 once, but didn't have the camera ready. It looks alot like "The Ranch School Bus", but on a honda 90 not a 4 wheeler.

1 comment:

Nelson's said...

I love the pictures they just make me laugh and cry at the same time. So much we take for granted in this country! Chad has insisted for years that he can not go without a truck because he has to haul things around. I will have to tell him about the motor bike, can you see him now with a cabinet on the back. The money we would save! Keep the pictures coming I love looking at them and it is a good reality check about being greatful for what we have. I hope to see it in person one day! Also I love Ellie's glasses she looks so cute.
We miss you guys!