Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Accessory or Necessity?

So...Ellie for the past year has been telling me that she needs glasses. I doubted her because it all the sudden became that she needed them as soon as I got my new glasses. I know how she loves accessories, so I felt like she was just wanting something that she thought would be cute to wear. Well, lesson learned on my part...I got a call from her teacher at school saying that Ellie is having a hard time reading the board and she thought it would be a good idea to have her eyes tested. (Why couldn't any of her teachers at Driggs have been as observant?) On Thursday I pulled her out of school and went to the Sankara Eye Hospital. $3.00 later, we had a prescription for glasses, and $75 dollars later we had 2 pair of glasses, and a really cute and pretty happy girl. Her first comment was, "WOW, India is Beautiful!!" Just wait until she sees the US!!
These are the glasses that the optical shop recommended for her and were a grand total of $20 so we went a head and got them, but...
These are the ones that Ellie really wanted. They said that they didn't recommend them because the are wire framed, and kids break them easier. I thought they were cute, and they too were pretty cheap here so she ended up with 2 pair. I guess it's always good to have a back up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable! Love the glasses. We just found out that Jane is going to need glasses when she's about three. Girls in glasses are so cute!