Monday, February 23, 2009

2 years?!?

So...Alan got a call from the people over India.  We are going, but they had another offer...they want him to do a different position. Instead of being a coach, he would oversee all of the coaches over there. (from what I understand) The only thing is that it is a 2 year job instead of a 1 year one.  He has another meeting this week to get all of the plans worked out and all of his questions answered and then maybe we'll (Alan and I) be off to find housing and get our kids into schools over there. So, for now I'm gathering birth certificates and passports for all of us. HERE WE GO!! I think I've been in denial that we really are going to go. I started thinking about everything that can happen in 2 years...Annie will be almost 3 years old by the time we came home, Ellie would be going into 6th grade, Maddie will get baptized over there, and Ethan...well...hopefully he'll be potty-trained by the time we come home. :) (Just kidding he's been really good lately. I need to quit joking about it and maybe we'll get past it.)  I guess it's good news for all of you who want to visit us...you'll have one more year to save up your $$$ and come over!!

4 comments:

Tracy Cornia said...

Oh my gosh!!! I thought 1 year was going to be hard, and now you are telling us 2. I think you better rethink your decision for us who have to stay here. J/K It will be such a great experience for you and your family, but we are going to miss you like crazy!!!

Nelson's said...

What!! I cant believe you will be gone for 2 years. Are you sure you want to go. I am kidding I think it will be a great experience but we will miss you tonz. We will have to get a web cam for sure now so we can somewhat see you guys. Good luck with it and keep us updated.

Ryan & Sue Erickson said...

Ellie does not get to go to middle school and that is final!! JK
All I can say is that you are one brave cookie. It will be worth it, but like you said,a lot will change while you are gone.

Martha said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO Training Table for 2 years? How will you survive?