Monday, June 30, 2008

India


So anyone who has heard, Alan has put his name in with E&Y to move to India for a year and train the Indians in Accounting. We've been waiting to hear whether or not his name would be picked. We still aren't sure when we'd go, but it's looking more and more likely that we will. I'm thinking it's more of a question of when they will send us not if. We could leave as soon as January 2009, or it may not be until July 2009. We'll just have to keep waiting to see. Needless to say, I've been searching the internet to see anything I can find out about India. We'd be located in Bangalore, which is in the Southern tip. The most informing clip I've found so far is a link from You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVL_GcyT7dI I'm not sure if it has made me too excited or not.

I actually am really excited. I think it's going to be a great experience for our family. Our kids were less than thrilled when Alan announced that we might go. Ellie's reaction was to break down into tears and because she did, so did Maddie. Then Alan to try and ease there concerns tried to lookup some pictures on the internet of Bangalore. He found a picture of some kids riding on an elephant and all of the sudden Ellie is fine about moving there. (She is an animal LOVER!!) Then, he found a clip from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where they are all sitting around a table eating and now Ethan is convinced that we are going to have to eat Snake surprise, Big Beetles and Chilled Monkey Brains. I just hope they have Diet Coke :)

1 comment:

Aplanalps said...

Holy cow! I thought Florida was far from Utah. You definetly take the cake on that one. You guys will love it. I will start saving now so I can come visit. Indian food is my FAVORITE! You should start eating at the Bombay house. I look forward to eating there every time I come to SLC.