Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby's house

On Sunday Baby invited us out to her house for a farewell dinner. After church we went out there before we headed to the hotel. She served us Mutton Biriyani, chicken kabobs, eggplant gravy, and a curd with onions and cucumbers. She knows what our kids will eat, and what the won't eat so she also ordered a pizza just for the kids. She had asked for Saturday off so that she could get ready for us to come out. When we arrived on Sunday she had cleared out her entire house, painted, and set up a dining area for us. This was also in preporation for her new bed. We had decided not to ship back Ethan's bunk bed and we gave it to her. She was very excited and told me the next day how comfortable it was and how excited Ester was to sleep on top.
As we were eating my kids kept handing me their plates. Because the table was being used for serving there really was no place to put them down. I was holding 3 plates when Vijay walked in the house and started laughing. I asked him what was so funny and he said he didn't realize I was so hungry.

Baby also bought gifts for all of us. This is the outfit that she bought for Annie.

Annie really loved the biriyani



After we ate, Alan decided to teach them a game with a rope. We spent about a half an hour playing "try to pull the other person off their feet."



In this picture is Baby's family and her sister Maggie.
Maggie came to work at our house for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I love that picture of you and Baby.

I can't believe you are coming home. I even got teary eyed reading these last posts!