Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mama Mia

Ellie was chosen to dance in the school fundraising musical of Mama Mia. She loved being involved in it, and worked hard to perfect all the dance moves. She even had Alan coaching her on smiling and making faces with attitude. (His sister has worked ALOT with drill team)  She had practices after school for a few days, and didn't get home until 9:00 on a few nights.


 Before any big production here they have an invocation. It's not the usual prayer that we are used to back home. Its a dance inviting the Gods to be with the program.






Ellie did an excellent job, and afterwards they had a dinner. At the dinner Alan and I decided that we are finally starting to get use to the spices here. We both liked at least 1/2 of the dishes that were served, and commented on how they weren't too spicy. I'm sure they had the spice toned down because they were serving all of the International students parents, but I  know the lady next to us was also sweating, and she was just here for a vacation. I took some video of the program, and Ellie really wants me to post them so that her Grandparents can watch the dances, but I can't get them to load right now, so you'll have to wait for the video.

1 comment:

Tracy Cornia said...

I love the movie Mama Mia!!! I want to see the video's of the play too. Miss you guys!! We really need to skype sometime. It has been awhile.