Monday, April 6, 2009

Shots shots shots

On Thursday I dropped the girls off at school and told them I was going to check them out early from school because we had to do some stuff to get ready for India. I failed to tell them it was to go get shots.  When I picked them up Ethan eagerly announced that we were going to get shots! Ellie started to bawl!! Maddie not really happy, but not crying asked why we had to go get them. I told them that we needed to so that they wouldn't get sick in India. Ellie still not satisfied cried the entire way to Alan's office. We picked him up and headed to the doctor's office. I was trying to get Ellie's mind off of it so I told her about a time when I was younger ( I won't really tell you how old I was ) and my mom took me and my older brother to get flu shots. When the doctor left the room to get the shot, I RAN!! He had to chase me all around the office and DJ had to pin me against the table to get the shot in my arm. ( I've grown up a lot since Jr. High ) By the time we got the office, Ellie was laughing at me. When we got out of the car, Alan took Annie, and Ethan and Maddie were not far behind him. By the time Ellie got out of the car they were almost to the front door. I leaned over to Ellie and told her "Let's get out of here!" She grabbed my car keys and told me that I had to go. 5 hours later, we were leaving the office. Only Ethan and I had to have shots. The rest of the kids were up to date on their immunizations (thank heavens) except for Rabies. They were all out of that shot so...next week we're off to the doctor again for shots!

No comments: